Prerequisites for SCOE Intern Program
The SCOE Intern Program includes a two year, four semester, teacher preparation and support program, that begins with:
- Successful completion of 160-hour Preservice Courses
- Proof of passing score on the CBEST (California Basic Educational Skills Test)
- Proof of passing score on the appropriate sections of the CSET (California Subject Examinations for Teachers)
- Completion of the U.S. Constitution Requirements*
- Receipt of Certificate of Clearance from CTC (fingerprinting, etc.)
- Offer of employment (contract) from participating district partner
Once the SCOE School of Education receives a copy verifying employment as the teacher of record, and all prerequisites have been met, candidates will be assigned an intern cohort, a school site mentor, and a SCOE Field Supervisor. At this point, the intern is ready to begin the teacher preparation coursework.
*To verify completion of the U.S. Constitution requirement, submit either an official transcript showing completion of a course (at least two semester units or three quarter units) in the provisions and principles of the U.S. Constitution, including a copy of the course description, or verification of passage of an examination in the Provisions and Principles of the U.S. Constitution given by a regionally-accredited junior college, community college, college or university. Many colleges offer an online, independent study course and examination.